Cluj Napoca Medical University - Admission
Cluj Napoca Medical University application and admission criteria and procedure vary according to medical study program: first or transfer medical studies, residency or Doctorate studies, undergraduate or graduates programs, preparatory course for medical study etc.
Cluj Napoca University of Medicine is organized into faculties offering medical courses in English, French or Romanian language on student chose and in the limit of available seats. Note that all postgraduates’ medical studies in Romania are conducted in Romanian language. Those who do not speak Romanian language must first follow one year preparatory course of Romanian language.
Cluj Napoca Medical University apply the Bologna process according to the European system of transferable credits ( ECTS) Study Guide, the ECTS and the supplement to the diploma have been introduced successfully since years, and as all diplomas from accredited universities in EEA, diplomas from Cluj University of medicine, are acknowledged at European level.
Cluj Napoca University of Medicine Faculties has 3 faculties: Faculty of General Medicine, Faculty of Dental Medicine and Faculty of Pharmacy.
Cluj Napoca Faculty of Medicine
Cluj Napoca Faculty of Medicine offers 6 undergraduate study programs, some in English, French and Romanian, other only in Romania, and great number of opportunities of specialization by residency, postgraduate studies, master's and doctoral studies.
Undergraduate study programs
• Medicine with an equivalent of 360 ECTS: Graduate degree in Medicine (doctor - physician), 6 years university studies;
• Midwifery – 240 ECTS - Graduate degree in Midwifery, 4 years university studies;
• Nursing – 240 ECTS - Graduate degree in Nursing (university degree nurse), 4-year university studies;
• Radiology and Medical imaging – 180 ECTS- Graduate degree in Radiology and Medical Imaging (radiology and imaging assistant), 3-year university studies;
• Clinical laboratory – 180 ECTS- Clinical laboratory assistant diploma, 3-year university studies;
• Balneo-physio-kinesiotherapy and rehabilitation – 180 ECTS- Balneo-physio-kinesiotherapy and rehabilitation assistant diploma, 3-year university studies;
Postgraduate medical programs
Cluj Napoca University of Medicine, faculty of Medicine offers eleven, one-year or two-year, Master's Degree Programs.
Due to the fact that Medical studies are long-term studies and Master's Degree programs are integrated in the 6 normal year’s courses, all graduates of the Faculty of Medicine may enroll on doctoral study programs right after graduation.
Training of specialists in medical fields, through residency programs (3-7 years), represents an important component of the faculty's mission. The admission to the residency is by admission competition examination for all candidates from European Economic Area (EEA) and by file application evaluation for all applicants from outside of EEA.
Cluj Napoca Faculty of Dentistry
Cluj Napoca Faculty of Dentistry offers 2 undergraduate study programs, some in English, French and Romanian, other only in Romania, and great number of opportunities of specialization by residency, postgraduate studies, master's and doctoral studies.
Undergraduate study programs
- License diploma in dental medicine (dental doctor-physician), with a duration of 6 years, 360 credit ECTS;
- Three years licensure programs (Dental Technicians) , with 180 Credit ECTS
Postgraduate dental programs
- Rehabilitation and Oral Medicine Master's Degree, with a 2 years duration (120 credits);
- Doctor's Degree – as dental medicine is an integrated program of 6 years, the graduates of the Faculty of Dental Medicine may embark directly to the doctor's degree program;
Specialist through Residency Training
- Maxillofacial Surgery with a duration of 5 years;
- Orthodontics with a duration of 3 years;
Cluj Napoca Pharmacy Faculty
Cluj Napoca Faculty of Pharmacy offers undergraduate study (5 year degrees), with 300 ECTS credits), 1 or 2 year master degrees (60/120 ECTS credits), doctorate degrees (60 ECTS credits) and resident programs.
More information about postgraduate medical study (general medicine, dentistry, pharmacy etc. fields) offered by Cluj Medical university, please visit the link:
Cluj Medical University admission
General Admission Criteria of Cluj Medical University
General Admission Criteria of Cluj Medical University are:
- holder of an International Baccalaureate (IB) who obtained at least mark 5 in Chemistry and Biology or
- holder of a General Certificate of Education (GCE) with grade A or A+ who obtained at least B or B+ in Biology and Chemistry or;
- both the average of the baccalaureate marks and the average of each year’s marks in biology and chemistry represent at least 70% of the maximum mark that can be obtained in the country of origin, as long as none of the individual marks is lower than 60% or;
- taking baccalaureate examinations in biology and chemistry or;
- graduation from an accredited high school in the country of origin with biology and chemistry in the curriculum or;
- graduation from an accredited high school in the country of origin, which issues a diploma recognized by the Romanian Ministry of National Education.
The high school diploma must allow the candidate access to higher education in the country of origin.
Individual admission criteria of a candidate’s application files take also into account the assessment of the:
- Candidate’s post-high school (college or university) education;
- Candidate’s high school education: type of high school that the applicant graduated from, results obtained in the baccalaureate / high school leaving examination;
- Internationally recognized certificates to provide evidence of proficiency in the language of university instruction;
- Quality of extracurricular activities: voluntary work, professional experience in medicine-related fields, other relevant achievements;
- Letter of recommendation;
For the admission to postgraduate medical program, the application files incudes also university diploma and university academic records.
ADMISSION TO MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN EUROPE:
Medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing, etc. Programs in English and medical residency in leading medical universities in Europe:
- Low tuition fee and living cost, student loans and grants available
- No entrance examinations or alternatively, preparation to entrance examinations
- Arrival (immersion) services
- Admission even before you complete your high school