The Jessenius Faculty of Medicine at Comenius University in Martin is one of the three public faculties of medicine in the Slovak Republic. It was established as a separate faculty in 1969 and became an integral part of Comenius University.
The faculty provides all levels of study and the possibility to study General Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Midwifery and Public Health. The Faculty of Medicine at Comenius University in Bratislava was the very first faculty of medicine in Slovakia to open a General Medicine study program in English.
Faculty of Medicine at Comenius University in Bratislava holds the foremost place in undergraduate medical education at home and abroad. It has at its disposal first-class facilities not only for basic and pre-clinical disciplines, but also for clinical training placements at the Martin University Hospital.
The faculty has been achieving excellent results of scientific research activities and international activities for years. In recent years, Faculty of Medicine at Comenius University in Bratislava has been a leader in the field of medical and health sciences in the ranking of Slovak universities.
Admission to Jessenius Faculty of Medicine
- Application form (download here)
- Apostilled copy of the final secondary school diploma
- Photocopy of birth certificate verified by a notary office
- Photocopy of passport
- Four passport size photographs
- medical report (download here).
The 6 year medical and dental programs of Jessenius Faculty of Medicine lead to the diploma Doctor of General Medicine (MUDr., equivalent to M.D.) and Doctor of Dentistry (MUDDr).
ADMISSION TO MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN EUROPE:
Medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing, etc. Programs in English and medical residency in leading medical universities in Europe:
- Low tuition fee and living cost, student loans and grants available
- No entrance examinations or alternatively, preparation to entrance examinations
- Arrival (immersion) services
- Admission even before you complete your high school