Faculty of Medicine of Latvian University of undergraduate program of Medicine and postgraduate Doctoral programs of medicine and Pharmacy in English, undergraduate courses of Medicine , Pharmacy, Nursing; Master programs of Pharmacy and Nursing , and Doctorate programs of medicine and pharmacy in Latvian are one of the best choice for international students.
University of Latvia with its 15,000 students, 13 faculties and more than 20 research institutes is one of the largest comprehensive and leading research universities in the Baltic States. The University offers more than 150 state-accredited academic and professional study programs.
At University of Latvia, research is conducted in over 50 research fields, which represent four main areas of inquiry: the humanities, sciences, social sciences, and education sciences. The University of Latvia pays great attention to the development of international collaboration. At present the University of Latvia has signed more than 500 agreements with 326 institutions in 31 European countries within ERASMUS program.
Latvia Medical University's admission prerequisites
- General secondary education diploma is required in order to be admitted for studies at the University of Latvia;
- If English is not your native language and/or your previous education is not obtained in English, you must present results of one of the internationally recognized language tests or minimum a grade 6 (almost good) in a 10 point grading system in English in the general secondary education diploma to prove the language proficiency;
- Grades in Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Natural Sciences, which should be no less than 6(almost good) in a 10 point grading system;
- Certified copy of secondary education diploma and grade transcript in original language (for undergraduate studies) or certified copy of bachelor diploma and diploma supplement in original language (for postgraduate studies). Education documents (except documents issued in EU/EEA countries or Switzerland) must be legalized;
- A notarized translation of education documents in English or Latvian;
- Document confirming proficiency of the language of instruction (if necessary);
- Copy of passport;
- Application form;
- One passport-size photo;
- Copy of application fee payment receipt. Application fee is non-refundable and must be transferred to the UL bank account;
- Motivation letter (for Master’s degree program “European Studies” and "Pedagogy");
- Curriculum Vitae (for Master’s degree programs “International Business with specialization in Export Management” , “Educational Treatment of Diversity” and “European Studies”);
- Medical report and copy of entire vaccination document about Hepatitis B and TD Tetanus/ Diphtheria vaccinations (For Higher Professional Study program “Medicine”).
With attractive tuition fees and various medical English programs, Latvia has become one of the main destinations for international medical students.
ADMISSION TO MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN EUROPE:
Medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing, etc. Programs in English and medical residency in leading medical universities in Europe:
- Low tuition fee and living cost, student loans and grants available
- No entrance examinations or alternatively, preparation to entrance examinations
- Arrival (immersion) services
- Admission even before you complete your high school