Medical jobs in Germany for physicians
Medical jobs in German or Jobs for medical Doctors in Germany (Career opportunities for doctors in Germany) are probably the most attractive professions for both European and International graduate Doctors and more accessible. Germany medical and healthcare system and nursing are the best and well developed in the world. Therefore, the medical and nursing profession are consistently one the most highly appreciated in Germany.
Medical Doctors in Germany have the opportunity to work in:
- in hospitals, generally as an employee;
- in their own medical practice;
- in large group practices, as an employee
In Germany, the average starting salary for medical graduates is higher than in any other field of study and currently lies at around €49,000 a year. On average, doctors in Germany are paid more than graduates of any other academic discipline.
German hospitals have had to contend with a shortage of doctors for quite a number of years now. There is a need throughout Germany for several thousand additional doctors. This demand will continue to rise in coming years, particularly as many hospital doctors are soon due to enter retirement.
In the field of private practice, there is primarily a need for general practitioners, particularly in eastern Germany and rural areas, where there are often difficulties recruiting doctors to fill practices as they become vacant. These shortages will soon spread to other regions of Germany and other areas of specialization, since here, too, many doctors are due to retire in coming years.
Why medical doctor jobs in Germany?
Jobs for medical Doctors in Germany are very attractive for the following reasons:
- The use of latest therapies and medical equipment helps guarantee an exceptionally high level of care;
- Increasing digitisation is opening up new possibilities for medical care, as X-ray images and medical reports are available faster. And digitisation is set to grow even faster, lowering costs and bringing continual improvements in healthcare;
- A dense network of clinics and doctors' surgeries ensures that patients get the medical services they need rapidly;
- Germany medical job market is accessible for both German, EU/EEA and international graduate medicals Doctors;
- High demand on Healthcare specialists;
- At the same time, doctors are held in great esteem by the German population and well remunerated;
How to become a medical doctor in Germany
Licence (approbation) for Physicians to practice medicine in Germany:
For medical jobs in Germany, doctor must apply and get a licence (approbation) to practice medicine in Germany.
Medical doctors graduate from Germany get automatically the full licence (approbation) to practice in Germany after successfully succeed 3 exams during they undergraduate 6 year programs as in 3 states as follows:
- Physicum exam, takes place after two years of study in the field of medicine (based on anatomy, biochemistry, and physiology and is a written and oral-practical);
- Exam at the end of five year of study and successful completion of the first exam (written case-related exam);
- Exam at the end of undergraduate 6 year medical program total of six (oral/practical examination;
To become be graduate medical Doctor in Germany, the candidate must have followed the following program:
- Undergraduate medical studies of at least 6 years and 3 months (a minimum of 12 terms with each term lasting about 6 months) at a university or equivalent academic institution.
- 48 consecutive weeks of practical training (practical year);
- First aid training;
- Three months of nursing experience;
- Four-month clinical elective;
Licence to practice in Germany for international graduate doctors
To have access to medical job market in Germany, international graduate doctors must apply for a full or provisional licence to practice in Germany.
As of April 2012, all medical Doctors who have completed medical training in a foreign country, are eligible to receive a medical license in Germany, regardless of whether you are from an EU or a non-EU (third) country, provided that the training is equivalent to the German medical training and have good commend of German language (at least B2 level).
To get medical full or provisional licence to practice in Germany, international graduate Doctors may apply to the Health authorities of one of the 16 German federal states.
If the relevant medical license authority finds significant differences between the medical education of the applicant’s home country and Germany, it may insist on the taking of an equivalency or assessment test. The assessment of education and professional experience is a case-by-case review.
The test is a clinical-practical test with patient presentation that takes between 60 and 90 minutes and can only be repeated two times. While preparing for this test, foreign doctors are given a provisional license and adjustment period, (maximum two years), before the test must be taken.
Medical doctors from all over the glob have access to job medical system in Germany. The minimum requirement is to have at least B2 level of German language and to have followed university program similar to Germany university medical program.
ADMISSION TO MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN EUROPE:
Medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing, etc. Programs in English and medical residency in leading medical universities in Europe:
- Low tuition fee and living cost, student loans and grants available
- No entrance examinations or alternatively, preparation to entrance examinations
- Arrival (immersion) services
- Admission even before you complete your high school