Medical Foundation course in UK
Medical Foundation Courses in UK are organized prior to an undergraduate medical degree and aims to better preparation of applicants for undergraduate medical education. Some medical foundation courses are a route for learners with a good academic record in non-science subjects, while others are designed to widen access to the medical profession.
Foundation courses in UK are for candidates who have completed at least twelve years of schooling with high grades but lack the science background and English language skills necessary for undergraduate Medicine.
Foundation courses programs in UK are one-year courses, and students who pass successful exams with at least 75% and can get into the 6-year Medicine (BSc/MBBS) degree. Students with at least 65% can progress onto their 3-year Biomedical Science (International) (BSc Hons) degree. Those students with very good results into Bachelor of Biomedical science can apply for 4 years accelerated medical study (MBBS).
British medical Universities with Medical Foundation Courses:
- Bradford (University of), School of Life Sciences (in partnership with Leeds (University of), School of Medicine): Foundation in Clinical Sciences/Medicine;
- Bristol (University of), Faculty of Medicine: Pre-Medical program;
- Cardiff University, School of Medicine: Medicine with a Preliminary Year;
- Dundee (University of), Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Nursing: Premedical Year for Non-science background, Widening Access Premedical Option;
- Durham (University of), Queens Campus, Stockton, Phase 1 Medicine: Durham Foundation Program;
- Keele University: Health Foundation Year for Medicine;
- King's College London, University of London: Extended Medical Degree Programme;
- Liverpool (University of), Faculty of Health and Life Sciences: Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies (Year 0) Program;
- Manchester (University of), Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences: Medicine (6 years including foundation year);
- Norwich Medical School (UEA): Medicine with a Foundation Year;
- Nottingham (University of), Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences: Medicine with a Foundation Year MBBS;
- Sheffield (The University of), School of Medicine: Medicine with a Foundation Year;
- Southampton (University of), School of Medicine: BM Medicine & BMedSc (BM6, widening access);
*Please note for all applications, apart from Liverpool’s Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies (Year 0) Program, you will need to apply through UCAS.
ADMISSION TO MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN EUROPE:
Medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing, etc. Programs in English and medical residency in leading medical universities in Europe:
- Low tuition fee and living cost, student loans and grants available
- No entrance examinations or alternatively, preparation to entrance examinations
- Arrival (immersion) services
- Admission even before you complete your high school