Veterinary medial study in Romania in English, French or Romania is one of the best options to become vet abroad in Europe (Bucharest, Cluj, Banat, Iasi). The faculties of veterinary medicine at different good state Universities of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine (UASV) and private schools offer studies of veterinary medicine. The quality of veterinary medical education, cheap tuition fees and living costs, updated technical facilities and university hospitals and farms, diplomas recognized in all European Economic Area and beyond, save and friendly country, to name some, attract hundreds of international students dreaming to become Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
All Romanian Faculties of Veterinary Medicine are full members of EAEVE (European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education), FVE (European Veterinary Federation), and WVA (World Veterinary Association) and participate of ETCS (European Transferable Credit System) and are EAEVE evaluated.
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in Romania
Faculties of Veterinary Medicine of Universities of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine in Romania offer courses of veterinary medicine, 6 year program in English, French and/ or Romanian on student’s choice. Each faculty has clinical hospital, farm and cooperates with agricultural production units ensures the framework for the practical training of students.
Most of veterinary medical faculties (universities) have more than 100 years of experiences and are multicultural universities with students from whole Europe and beyond. Most veterinary medical international in Romania come from UK, USA, Greece, France, Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana, Maghreb (Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt), Turkey, India, Israel.
The variety and multitude of clinical cases presented to the veterinary students help them to widen their knowledge and experience, to understand how clinical cases should be approached. It also helps them learn how to establish a correct diagnosis and how to apply a proper treatment. At the same time, case studies are completed with fieldwork for acquiring a better perspective of real clinical situations.
Beside Veterinary Medicine, Romanian Universities of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine are complex universities and have faculties of Agriculture, Horticulture, Animal Science, Land Reclamation and Environmental Engineering, Biotechnologies, Management, Economic Engineering in Agriculture and Rural Development, to name some.
Faculties of Veterinary Medicine in Romania offer undergraduate and graduate (Doctorate /PhD or research) studies. Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine in Romanian as integrated program (Bachelor and Master) is 6 year leading to Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (Doctor Physician or Vet). It includes preclinical and clinical studies as all medical courses.
Bachelor program of veterinary medicine in Romania:
- Veterinary medicine (English, French and/or Romanian);
- Food control and security;
PhD or Doctorate of Veterinary medical programs are conceived for 4 years of study and are focused on the learning through research process, the purpose of which being the development of efficient human resource in the field of research-development and innovation; the PhD represents a requirement for the professional career in the field of higher education and research in veterinary medical field.
PhD fields of Veterinary Medicine in Romania:
- Infectious diseases;
- Normal and pathological morphology;
- Obstetrics and veterinary andrology;
- Parasitic diseases;
- Semiology and medical pathology;
- Microbiology – immunology;
- Surgical pathology;
- Technology and health veterinary expertise;
- General and special animal science;
- Parasitic diseases;
- Pharmacology and toxicology;
- Normal and pathologic physiology;
- Anesthesiology, Propaedeutics and Surgical techniques;
Universities of Veterinary medicine in Romania
Universities of veterinary medicine in Romania are complex universities with different faculties among which faculties of veterinary medicine. The Romanian universities of veterinary medicine are known as one of the most prestigious in Europe, both as academic and as scientific values.
Universities of Veterinary medicine in Romania:
- Banat University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary; Medicine Faculty of Veterinary Medicine ;
- Ion Ionesco de la Brad University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary; Medicine of Iași Faculty of Veterinary Medicine ;
- University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Cluj-Napoca; Faculty of Veterinary Medicine ;
- University of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Bucharest; Faculty of Veterinary Medicine;
- Spiru Haret University, Faculty of veterinary Medicine;
Graduate Doctor of veterinary medicine from the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in Romania excel and have profession with skills in:
- Protection of animal health;
- Food safety and sanitation - Veterinary medical biotechnology;
- Veterinary diagnostic laboratory;
- Control of production, marketing and use of veterinary products;
- Veterinary medical education and research;
- Control of organizing and the transport of animals, animal products and feed;
- Protection of public health;
- Breeding and feeding of animals;
- Animal reproduction;
- Fundamental research and applied animal genetics;
- Protection of domestic and wild animals;
- Control the way in which the industrialization and use of animal products is done;
- Environmental protection and pollution control;
- Veterinary medical statistics.
Application for admission to veterinary medical study requires specific documents which can vary from different universities.
Documents required for the Veterinary medical University in Romania:
- Legalized copy of the High School graduation diploma or its equivalent + detailed mark sheets/transcript with subjects and grades for high school years (certified copy);
- A copy of the passport ;
- Legalized copy of the birth certificate ;
- Medical certificate to confirm that the candidate doesn't suffer of any spreading disease ;
- Certificate of language competence (English/French/Romanian) – B1;
- 4 pictures (passport size) ;
Some faculties may require also:
- The proof of payment of file processing fee in the University’s bank account of 30 euro fee
- An essay motivating their choice of field (Veterinary Medicine) and the choice of university (UASVM Cluj-Napoca)
- A certificate/certificates proving they have worked as volunteers in the community service or for associations concerned with the animal welfare.
For those applying for PhD study, they must add the university diploma and academic records.
Tuition fees and living cost for veterinary medicine in Romania
Tuition fees for veterinary medical study in Romania are the cheapest in Europe and vary from different universities and langaue of instructuction.
Veterinary medicine in Romania tuition fees:
- Bachelor of Veterinary medicine (English or French): 3200 to 4500 Euros/year;
- PhD of Veterinary medicine (english or French): 3200 t6 6000 Euros/year;
- Bachelor of Veterinary medicine (Romanian): 3200 to 3600 Euros/year;
- PhD of Veterinary medicine (Romanian): 3600 to 4000 Euros/year;
Living cost and other personally expenses may vary according to the live style of every student. The average amount of 500 Euros /moth is reasonable. Note that we have had students who manage to study with 200 Euro / month. Staying in student campus (if any free place) is cheaper that taking a flat.
Scholarships for Veterinary Medicine in Romania
In compliance with the valid Romanian legislation, all accredited Universities grant students with different scholarships. Faculties of medicine also offer different categories of scholarships to veterinary medical students.
Categories of scholarships for veterinary medical students in Romania:
- Performance scholarships-budgeted grants and own revenues (outside the budget) of the university;
- Budget merit allocations for the budgeted students and of the own income of the faculties for the students paying a tuition fee;
- Social scholarships for the budgeted students and of the own income of the faculties for the students paying a tuition fee;
The students benefiting from study social scholarships may as well receive scholarships for academic performance. The state provides support to the students identified as having problems and social needs, as well as those in need of special educational requirements. The state grants scholarships to those students who have good academic performances as well as remarkable performance regarding their education and professional training.
ADMISSION TO MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN EUROPE:
Medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing, etc. Programs in English and medical residency in leading medical universities in Europe:
- Low tuition fee and living cost, student loans and grants available
- No entrance examinations or alternatively, preparation to entrance examinations
- Arrival (immersion) services
- Admission even before you complete your high school