Medicine in Estonia
When it comes to medical study in English destination, University of Tartu, faculty of medicine Estonia is one of the best options. University of Tartu is known for its high reputation of the quality of studies and research and excellent reputation of the diploma they receive after they graduate. The university offer Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy Studies in Estonian and medicine in English and Estonian.
Study Medicine at Tartu University in Engliah
To study medicine at University of Tartu in Estonia is study in one of the world's 400 best universities according to Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2012-13. It means that the University of Tartu belongs to the TOP 3% of the world's best universities. In 2011, the University of Tartu was also named as one of the “Eastern Europe's most promising candidates to achieve world-class status”.
The general objective of the Tartu University medical program is to train physicians who:
- are able to provide medical assistance of high quality corresponding to recent achievements in medicine and high ethical standards;
- enhance the awareness of society of the importance of measures of health promotion and disease prevention;
- wish to contribute by their activities to the development of medicine as a field as well as medical science;
- are willing to engage in self-education during their entire professional career.
The English medical program of Tartu University is 6-year course and successful students are awarded a Degree in Medicine (M.D.).
Upon successful graduation of the program students, acquire professional and academic growth possibilities – to continue their education in a residency program of their chosen specialty and become a doctor-specialist; to study medicine in a Doctoral Degree (PhD) programs in Estonia or in any other country of the European Union, or have a job requiring a medical degree.
Application deadline to Medical study at Tartu University in Engliah
To apply for English medical program of Tartu University, the student must prepare all required document early. The results are announced at the beginning of Jun of each year. Here is approximate deadline:
- December: Application system opens;
- April: Deadline for Medicine in English;
- Jun: Final admission results for Medicine in English are announced;
Note that places are very limited and admission is very competitive.
Admission requirements at Medical study at Tartu University in Engliah
A prerequisite for applying is to have SAT test in Biology E/M (minimum score 640). In addition, applicants need to submit a motivation letter. Admission takes place on the basis of a ranking list. When ranking applicants, both the SAT score (50%) and motivation letter (50%) are taken into account.
- Online application;
- Motivation letter - guidelines and evaluation criteria are included in the online application form;
- Result of SAT test in Biology (minimum score 640);
- Official copy of the secondary copy of the passport page stating the applicant´s personal particulars;
- School certificate and grade list in the original language*;
- Certified translations of the secondary school certificate and grade list into English;
* Please note that in order to be considered official, all certificates must bear a seal, and a signature of an authorized official. Official documents must be provided from the institution awarding the secondary school certificate. Documents sent with an Apostille are official as well.
- Please note that only official score reports sent straight from the testing centre are accepted. The score recipient code for the University of Tartu is 6424.
- Upper secondary school certificates submitted to the university must include description of grading scale.
- Students accepted to the university cannot postpone beginning of their studies to the next academic year.
Tuition fee: medical program in English of Tartu University
Tuition fee of medical program in English of Tartu University is 11000 Euros. It can be paid in two installments per semester (5500 Euro/semester).
Medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing, etc. Programs in English and medical residency in leading medical universities in Europe: