Medicine in Ukraine
Study Medicine in Ukraine: Ukraine is among the most popular destination in the world for international medical students from around the world seeking Medical Education. As a response to international medical student demand, most of Universities of medicine have introduced English programmes of medical studies (medicine, dentistry, pharmacy etc.).
Ukrainian universities have been extremely popular within students from Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc.), Africa (Nigeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Congo, Guinea, etc.) and Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Kuwait, Yemen, Iraq etc.) since years.
Most of medical universities in Ukraine are internationally recognised and provide good quality medical education. Degrees of most Ukrainian universities are recognised in almost all Asian and African countries and by WHO (World Health Organisation).
For instance, in order to work in India as a Medical practitioner, medical Doctor graduated from Ukraine must pass only the Screening Test for MCI (Medical Council of India). Once MCI registration, Ukrainian Doctor are even more appreciate than those who are graduated from India, thanks to his exposure to European medical systems. This fact is valid for more developing countries.
Nevertheless, Ukrainian medical degrees are not automatically recognised in all EU/EEA countries.
After completing their medical study programmes, postgraduate students have an opportunity to continue their clinical specialization (residency) and research projects during 3-6 years of postgraduate training and obtain the Medical, Dental or Pharmaceutical specialties or Ph.D. degree, under the guidance of experienced professors.
Why study medicine in Ukraine?
Most of international students are attracted by Ukrainian universities because of several reasons, among which are:
- Simple application and admission process,
- Possibility of studying in English or French,
- Low tuition fees and living cost,
- Multicultural environment enriching and expanding student life and sense of life,
- Good quality of education,
Medical Universities in Ukraine
Most of universities of medicine in Ukraine have English, Ukrainian and Russian programmes. International students wishing to study in Ukraininan or Russian must first undergo one year preparatory course of Russian. Most of International students are attracted by English medical programs (General Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy etc.). They are more 20 medical universities in Ukraine.
Medical study tuition fees in Ukraine
Medical study tuition fees in Ukraine vary with universities and specialities. AS example,
- tuition fees for General Medicine programme in Ukraine can vary from 3500 to 5000 $ in English medium, and vary from 2500 to 3500 $ in Russian and Ukrainian medium.
- tuition fees for Dentistry programme in Ukraine can vary from 3600 to 5000 $ in English medium, and vary from 2500 to 3400 $ in Russian and Ukrainian medium.
- tuition fees for Pharmacy programme in Ukraine can vary from 2800 to 3500 $ in English medium, and vary from 2300 to 3000 $ in Russian and Ukrainian medium.
Medical study requirements in Ukraine
ADMISSION TO MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN EUROPE:
Medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing, etc. Programs in English and medical residency in leading medical universities in Europe:
- Low tuition fee and living cost, student loans and grants available
- No entrance examinations or alternatively, preparation to entrance examinations
- Arrival (immersion) services
- Admission even before you complete your high school