University of Nicosia Medical School in Cyprus
University of Nicosia Medical School in Cyprus have two 6-year Undergraduate Entry Medical Degree and 4-Year Graduate Entry MBBS (in cooperation with St. George's University of London) in English.
Undergraduate entry medicine program
The 6-year degree in Medicine of Nicosia University has started in in October 2014 in English. The program leads to the qualification of Doctor of Medicine (MD) equal to Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (BMBS) degree, awarded by the University of Nicosia and allowing them to enter residency programs.
6-year undergraduate medical program of University of Nicosia applies a number of teaching methods, including case-based learning, traditional lectures, integrated clinical practice, etc. Students are exposed to clinical practice from second year (community clinical attachments), clinical rotations in 5th and 6th year at teaching hospitals in Cyprus, with possible rotations abroad.
Admission requirements for 6-Year Undergraduate Entry Medical Degree
- Good high school results (A-level, BI, Baccalaureate or equivalent), and good grades in Biology plus either Chemistry, Physics or Maths;
- International recognized of English language certificate;
- A personal statement written in English, to include the candidate’s motivation to become a doctor and what steps they have taken to learn more about the profession;
- A personal interview either in person or by Skype;
Candidates who hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a field relevant to Medicine can be considered for admission to the first year of the course.
Tuition fees and Costs of 6 year medical program:
Annual tuition for of 6 year medical program at University of Nicosia Medical School in Cyprus is 18000 € for the first 3 years and 22000 € for the final 3 years.
Graduate entry medicine program
4-year graduate entry program of Nicosia University is the first Medical Program in Cyprus, launched in 2000 in collaboration with St. George’s University of London.
The University of Nicosia 4-year graduate course attracts graduate applicants who already had a degree and who had experienced life in the world outside education and it is well recognised across the UK as being pioneering, innovative and cutting edge.
St George’s was the first medical school in the United Kingdom to offer a graduate entry program in medicine and is the only independently governed medical school in that country.
The first two years of the course take place in Cyprus, the last two years in state-of-the-art hospitals, such as the Swedish Covenant Hospital in Chicago and the Sheba Medical Centre in Tel Aviv. Students will graduate with a degree from St George’s Hospital Medical School, a constituent college of the University of London.
The course has been recently validated by the UK General Medical Council, particular praise being given to assessment, medical law and ethics and communications skills training.
The MBBS qualification gives access to provisional registration with a license to practice with the UK General Medical Council.
Admission requirements to 4-Year Graduate Entry Medical Degree
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least a 2nd class honours or equivalent or a higher degree (e.g., MSc, MPhil or PhD) in any discipline.
- Professional experience or voluntary experience in a medical or health-related field;
- Satisfactory score in the Graduate Australian Medical School Admission Test (GAMSAT) or the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT);
- If English was not the primary language during the degree, certificate of IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or equivalent (e.g., TOEFL);
- Medical certificate: satisfactory health and police screening, including a screen for and immunisation against Hepatitis B;
Tuition fees and expenses of 4-year graduate program:
Annual tuition fee at the St George's program in Nicosia, 4-year graduate entry program is 27500 €. The amount includes registration, tuition, examination and graduation charges.
The annual average living costs: 9000 €. This varies with the lifestyle of each person.
Application fee, entry visa fee, annual health insurance fee, annual malpractice insurance fee, annual personal accident insurance fee, international student guarantee.410 to 1080 €, varying with the student’s citizenship.
ADMISSION TO MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN EUROPE:
Medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing, etc. Programs in English and medical residency in leading medical universities in Europe:
- Low tuition fee and living cost, student loans and grants available
- No entrance examinations or alternatively, preparation to entrance examinations
- Arrival (immersion) services
- Admission even before you complete your high school