Medical university application in Bulgaria
Medical study application for admission to medical study is very competitive. The admission is based on application file selection followed by the entrance English exam for Academic Medical Studies. Prospective students who failed the test in English for Academic Medical Studies have an opportunity to be enrolled in a preparatory Medical English course at the university at University of medicine.
On request, medical study guide can send you the example of exam.
Medical university application documents
Required documents for medical study in Bulgaria must be legalized by Bulgarian embassy
Required documents to apply to medical study in Bulgaria:
- Copy of the high school diploma duly legalized by the Bulgarian embassy in applicant's country (original wet stamps and seals - Apostille
- Copy of the high school diploma supplement duly legalised by the Bulgarian embassy in the applicant's country (original wet stamps and seals - Apostille required) and translated into Bulgarian. An obligatory requirement is for the applicant to have taken biology and chemistry courses in high school and the average score of those two subjects is required to be not less than 62% (for example 62 points by the grading system in the republic of turkey) of the maximum results in accordance with the grading system in the respective country.
- An original medical health certificate, issued not earlier than 1 (one) month before the date of application, stating that the applicant is physically and mentally healthy legalised by the Bulgarian embassy in applicant’s country (original wet stamps and seals – Apostille required) and accompanied by its translation in Bulgarian.
- A declaration by the applicant`s parent(s) for financial support during his/her studies in the republic of Bulgaria accompanied by its translation in Bulgarian. The declaration is required to be legalized by a notary public.
- Four photographs (passport size),
- A document issued by an authorized body (the applicant’s high school) certifying the right of the applicant to continue his/her education in higher schools in the country in which he/she has acquired his/her secondary education, the document should be legalized in the Bulgarian embassy in the applicant's country (for those countries who have signed the Hague convention, Apostille is required) and translated into Bulgarian,
- A copy of the applicant’s passport (identity card) duly legalised by the Bulgarian embassy in applicant's country (original wet stamps and seals - Apostille required) and translated into Bulgarian,
- For students, coming from countries, where English is not the official language - proof of level of English (both spoken and written) – TOEFL 550, Cambridge First Certificate or ILTS 6. This document should be translated and legalized in the above way.
- Completed application form ( sent on request),
- C.v. (resume) signed by the applicant.
- If difficulties with the translation of application documents into Bulgarian occur, the copies of documents can be legalized (copy or original accordingly), please, contact medical study guide for assistance.
- The Universities offers a preparatory course in English language for students who cannot meet the English language requirement. The duration of the course is one year and leads to the acquisition of Cambridge First Certificate. The University also issues a certificate for completed course in English language which is recognized by the International Certificate Conference – Europe.
ADMISSION TO MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN EUROPE:
Medicine, dental medicine, pharmacy, physiotherapy, nursing, etc. Programs in English and medical residency in leading medical universities in Europe:
- Low tuition fee and living cost, student loans and grants available
- No entrance examinations or alternatively, preparation to entrance examinations
- Arrival (immersion) services
- Admission even before you complete your high school